Submitting Successful Proposals
- It is important to present a complete and professional proposal in a timely manner. Please double-check to make sure that all guidelines have been embraced.
- Make sure your proposal is received by the committee by the deadline.
- The salutation should simply be addressed to “Dear Committee Members.”
- We recognize that you may be sending a proposal to several different places. Please make sure the address of the organization you are sending your current proposal to is on your materials.
- Place your name, address, and all other contact information on both your cover letter and resume.
- All proposals must be typed.
- While it is not necessary that you submit sophisticated CAD drawings, make your drawings and diagrams as strong as possible in representing the piece.
- For a project that has a specific concept, be sure to address how the proposal specifically fits the described theme.
- Please insure that your proposal has been proofed for spelling and grammar.
- Make sure that you have submitted everything required by the committee.
- Please adhere to all size and presentation requirements as described in the project guidelines.
- Submit a complete and accurate budget.
- Make sure that your slides are completely labeled and that you understand the principle of putting dots on the slide. (The dot goes on the lower left corner of a slide so that when you turn it upside down and put it in the carousel, the dot is easy to see in the little dip space in the slide divider.)