- Space heaters will not be allowed in campus buildings unless approved by the appropriate Division Vice President. If a Vice President approves the use of a space heater, it must have an Energy Star rating and also be approved by the Energy Management unit.
- Environment Exception: Requests to deviate from the building heating and cooling set points or to request the use of a space heater shall be submitted on an Environmental Exception Request and forwarded as specified to the Division Vice President for approval. The Division Vice President will approve or disapprove of the request and forward a copy back to the individual and to the Energy Management unit in Facilities Services.
Strips & Surge Protectors
- Units must be UL approved and include circuit
- Feeding one power strip with or through another
power strip is NOT permitted.
- Inspect power strips frequently for frayed wires,
improper operation, or poor location such as a wet surface.
- Practice energy conservation and turn electrical
equipment or devices off when not in use.
- Extension cords are not to be used as a substitute
for fixed wiring.
- Interior extension cords must not be more than
six feet long, UL approved, type 12/3 or greater, and include
three prong ground plug.
- Extension cords run through door openings, corridors,
stairways, concealed under carpet is NOT permitted.
- Inspect extension cords for frayed, damaged,
or broken components frequently, report electrical deficiencies
to the Physical Plant 3-4400.