Facilities Services Strategic Plan - 2011
Build and Maintain a Solid Foundation
Develop, support and operate a sustainable, attractive and well maintained campus.
Facilities Services values:
- High Quality, Dependable Service
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellent Communications
Goal 1: Provide exemplary learning and research environments.
Goal 2: Promote sustainability and energy conservation.
- Plan, design and contract interior and exterior space to support the University mission.
- Maintain the physical campus to provide a safe, clean, functional and welcoming environment.
- Develop and operate an infrastructure that is safe, reliable and cost effective.
- Provide maintenance and repairs in a minimally disruptive manner.
Goal 3: Promote professional, reliable and accountable conduct.
- Support sustainability through processes, policies, education, and collaboration.
- Promote recycling and the use of earth friendly products.
- Design new and major remodeled facilities to meet a minimum of LEED Silver certification.
- Enhance and improve storm water mitigation for the campus.
- Assess opportunities to utilize alternative energy sources.
- Analyze energy use in existing buildings.
Goal 4: Support a collaborative working and learning environment.
- Treat students, faculty, staff and visitors respectfully.
- Provide high quality, responsive service to campus customers.
- Improve the quality and quantity of data to enhance user information and decision making.
- Review operational efficiencies to maximize the utilization of resources.
Goal 5: Improve staff development and recognition.
- Provide continuous process improvement through best practices.
- Define and prioritize core functions and processes consistent with available resources.
- Collaborate with University units and Regent institutions.
- Provide work experiences for students to support their learning opportunities.
- Provide individualized staff training.
- Recognize and celebrate the unique contributions of each individual.
- Evaluate cross-training to determine gaps and solutions.
- Evaluate work processes and provide solutions to reduce staff injuries and lost time.