Faculty Dental Benefits: FAQ's
Complete List of Benefits > Faculty Dental Benefits

Q1 How do I add/drop a dependent?
  You may add or drop dependents within 30 days of a qualifying life event. Qualifying events may include marriage, birth, death, divorce, a dependent’s return to full-time student status and a spouse’s loss of group coverage. Only the dependents that are affected by the event may be added. Other changes to your plan must be made during the open enrollment period. To make a change due to a life event, please fill out a Health & Dental Plan Change form and return to HRS.

Q2 Can I change the plan type?
  You are only allowed to make changes to your dental insurance when a life event such as birth, death, marriage, or divorce takes place. You must contact the Human Resources Office within 30 days of the life event. All other changes must take place during the Open Enrollment period.

Q3 When does coverage begin?
  Coverage begins on the first day of the month following the date of employment, providing you enroll within 30 days of your date of employment.

Q4 When is the open enrollment period?
  The University conducts an open enrollment period annually for the health and dental plan. A memo is sent to employees each October outlining the provisions of the open enrollment period. Changes and new enrollments are effective January 1.

Q5 How do I change my address with Delta Dental?
  To ensure that all covered individuals receive information properly and efficiently, it is important that you notify HRS of any address changes. Please fill out a Health & Dental Plan Change form and return to HRS. The Benefits department will make the necessary changes within the UNI and Delta Dental systems; there is no need to contact Delta Dental with an address change.

Q6 How do I request a new Insurance ID card?
  Order new insurance ID cards by calling customer service at 800-544-0718.

| HRS Privacy Practices Notice | Trouble Viewing Content? | hrs-mail@uni.edu |

Date Updated: January 28, 2014