The University offers eligible State of Iowa employees an optional dental insurance plan. Employees who work at least half-time or more with an appointment length of nine (9) months or more are eligible for dental insurance through the University. Coverage is effective on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment, providing you enroll within 30 days of your date of employment. You must enroll during the first 30 days of employment.
Coverage is available for yourself; your spouse, common law spouse or domestic partner; unmarried dependent children to age 26; unmarried full-time students; and qualified children over age 26 who are totally and permanently disabled, provided the disability existed prior to age 26. Changes to your plan can only be made as the result of a qualifying life event such as marriage, birth, or adoption.
The dental plan pays up to $1,500 of covered expenses per person per year, as follows:
- 100% for routine check-ups and cleanings twice in a benefit period.
- 80% for routine restorative services, such as fillings.
- 50% for non-surgical and surgical periodontal treatments, root canals, and crowns (must have prior approval).
- 50% for bridges and dentures (prosthetics).
- 50% for dependent orthodontia; no deductible; up to $1,500 per eligible dependent in a lifetime.
|Employee Monthly Premium
|2 State Employees