The PAF System is a web-based application that allows Preparers to create and submit PAFs electronically. In addition, the approval process is now 100% automated. This enables the University to achieve the goal of processing personnel actions more accurately and efficiently.
Approvers of PAFs will receive notifications via email and they will then be required to access e-Business Suite to approve the PAFs—same process as timecards. For more Information, view the Approving PAFs instructional handout.
Directors, Department Heads, Deans and Vice Presidents play a critical role in the approval process. Although the workflow is now automated, it is still a human process to approve/reject the PAFs; therefore, they are in control of PAF workflow timelines. To support their efforts, we are utilizing Oracle e-Business workflow so that PAFs can be approved/rejected from any computer or hand-held device with an Internet connection—processing PAFs “on-the-go” and “away-from-your-desk.”
Benefits of the PAF system:
- 100% electronic approval.
- Workflow is 100% automated, BUT allows the Preparer to add additional approvers and employees they want to receive notifications.
- Ability to access the PAF at any time.
- No lost paper forms.
- Ability to track PAFs.
- Reduction in processing time.
- Increased security.
- Employing departments will be initiating Merit and P&S PAFs.
- Departments employing and departments funding the employee will need to approve the PAF.
- Each approver’s name in the routing process will be part of the “official” PAF—their approval signifies that they have agreed to all parts of the PAF.
- There is an option to temporarily delegate the approval authority when an approver takes a vacation. Delegates will need to be at an administrative level.
- If a PAF is rejected, it will go back to the Preparer and the workflow process will start over. To assist the Preparer, a rejection reason should be included within the notes section of the notification.
- The workflow does not timeout.