Position description materials allow the University to complete and maintain an evaluation of P&S positions on the basis of a point-rating comparison. The point-rating comparison results in each P&S position being assigned a numerical value and pay grade classification according to the following evaluation factors:
- Complexity of problems to be solved.
- Minimum skills and knowledge required.
- Interpersonal relationships ordinarily involved in day-to-day activities of the position.
- Organization levels at which interpersonal relationships ordinarily occur.
- Nature of responsibility exercised within the context of the overall operations of the University.
- Scope of functional responsibility exercised.
- Constraints on independent action within which the position functions.
- Impact of independent actions on the attainment of goals for educational programs and/or institutional development.
- Degree of work pace, pressure, and/or stress ordinarily involved in day-to-day activities of the position.
- Extent and frequency of exposure to risk of bodily injury or physical discomfort.