Regents Award for Staff Excellence
The Regents Award for Staff Excellence is presented bi-annually to a Supervisory and Confidential Council employee who has demonstrated outstanding professional contributions to the University. Nominations are accepted from UNI students, faculty, and staff members.
Candidates for this award must have completed a minimum of five years of employment at UNI and a minimum of three years in a supervisory and/or confidential classification by July 1, 2013. Review the full list of eligible Supervisory & Confidential Council employees.
To nominate one of these individuals, please completed the nomination form.
The President of the UNI Supervisory and Confidential Council Executive Board will convene the selection committee. Voting members of the committee will be:
- an appointed Supervisory or Confidential Council employee;
- a member of the Professional and Scientific Council or designee;
- the current academic year’s president of the Northern Iowa Student Government or designee;
- a dean, director, or department head; and
- a faculty member selected by the Academic Affairs Council.
In the event one of the positions cannot be filled by an individual in a particular category, the total of five shall be maintained by a second appointee from another category.
The recipient of the Regents Award for Staff Excellence is recognized at a Board of Regents meeting.