Equipment Maintenance Program
In July 2002, the university offered departments on campus the ability to subscribe to an Office Equipment Maintenance Program. IKON Office Solutions is the vendor for the maintenance program. The objectives of the program are to provide reduced equipment maintenance costs and timely quality service. This program provides an alternative way to control spiraling equipment repair and maintenance costs with one comprehensive protection plan. Fees are fixed each year. FY 2005 fees are $182 annually for fax machines, $110 annually for printers and $.01 per copy for black and white copiers and varying prices for color copiers depending on the equipment model. Equipment can be place on the maintenance program when the warranty has expired.
What the Plan Includes
- Preventative Maintenance Service
- Repair Service
How to Enroll
- determine the equipment you propose to enroll
- specify account number to be charged
- cancel existing maintenance contracts
- prior to enrolling, equipment covered under another plan will be checked by IKON Office Solutions for any deficiencies; if repair is required, the department will bear the cost
- contact Molly Rickert in Purchasing by phone at 3-6448 or email email@example.com
How to Receive Service
||To order Supplies or place a Service request (Press "3" to order Supplies. Press "2" to request service. Simply give your IKON equipment ID #, your name, UNI and your department name, telephone number, and nature of your request.
||Customer Service - menu option "4"
Your Local IKON Account Representative
How to Record Usage
You will receive an e-mail each month with a link to the IKON web site requesting your meter reading. You will then go into the website and enter your meter reading which will be used on you next maintenance billing. Since they will be using the actual meters that you enter, your department will only be billed for the copies that are used. No estimates.
How to Drop the Program
- 30 day notice is required
If you have questions, concerns, or need more detailed information about the program, please contact Molly Rickert at 3-6448.