Graduate Assistant Job Description
Note: 2014/2015 position has been filled.
Download PDF Description here
University of Northern Iowa
Position Title: Graduate Assistant for the Office of Business Operations.
Reports to: Christina Geweke, 103 Gilchrist Hall.
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 10 or 20 hours per week, beginning August 25, 2014 and ending December 19, 2014. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 10 or 20 hours per week, beginning January 12, 2015 and ending May 8, 2015. Does not include Spring Break.
- Full assistantship salary is $4800 per semester (half-time is $2400 per semester). Salary will be prorated on a weekly basis for late start date.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving break, Spring break, or interims between semesters
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- As a Graduate Assistant, you will help out with various departmental activities particularly in Student Accounts. Your duties may include:
- Design and creation of department publications.
- Updating departmental website.
- Documenting processes and creating quick reference guides.
- Data entry for system updates
- Assist with the development of departmental marketing and communication strategies, including print, digital and social media.
- Assisting with the creation of displays and other materials related to departmental programs or initiatives.
- Making instructional power points.
- Organizing files.
- Occasional staffing of the front desk.
- Must be a full-time, degree seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- B.A. degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, postsecondary education or related preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Attention to Detail.
- Artistic ability.
- Customer Focus.
Application Process and Deadline:
To apply email the completed Application form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .