International Bank Payments
The University of Northern Iowa has partnered with peerTransfer for a more cost-effective method for international students to wire funds from their home country bank to the university. Students will be offered excellent exchange rates allowing them to pay in their home country's currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional bank wire costs. The posting of your payment to the University will be faster, students will have the ability to track their payments and peerTransfer will notify students when the University has received their payment.
Go to: https://www.peertransfer.com/signup/uni to register and then follow the instructions to make a payment.
- To get started, select the country from which your funds will be coming from and the payment amount (in US dollars) you wish to make to your student U-bill.
- In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.
- After providing some basic information, you will visit your bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds from your local bank to peerTransfer.
- peerTransfer will then convert the funds to US dollars and forward the US dollar amount to the University of Northern Iowa where it will be applied to your u-bill.
- Through the peerTransfer dashboard you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your payment is deposited into the University's bank account.
- No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you, reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.