All University of Northern Iowa students and employees are asked to participate in personal emergency preparations. The most important contributions include making an emergency plan, being vigilant about suspicious or dangerous situations and educating yourself on emergency preparedness issues.
Ways to Prepare Yourself
- Make an emergency plan for yourself and family for home, school and work
- Educate yourself on emergency preparedness issues by checking local, state and federal resources.
- Pay attention to the National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS), weather warnings and other public announcements.
- Learn the fire evacuation routes and locations of campus emergency shelters.
- Check back to this website and UNI training resources for pertinent training opportunities